One of the essential tips and tricks to follow in playing Apex Legends is “Knowing your Legends.” There are 14 characters present in the game for you to explore. Each of these legends has different capabilities, so it may be hazardous to pick one without understanding their personalities. There’s no cause for alarm; if you are confused about choosing a legend, this article will help. However, remember that all characters in Apex Legends play the same; the main difference is the tactical and ultimate ability.
Every other thing works precisely the same way. For instance, they move at the same speed, and you can use the same gear and all. However, it’s better for you to always know the legend that works best for you. Instead of taking each character for a spin, you’d get all the details you need in this writeup. Let’s jump right in!
Generally, legends like Bangalore or Wraith are suitable for shooting and are wreaking havoc with it. If you love paying attention to details and being extra careful, you can go for Gibraltar and Bloodhound. The most uncommon may be Lifeline’s healer role since most of us don’t play that in most games. Please note that this is just a quick overview. You’d get to know more about each of the characters in the game as you continue reading. Let’s get right into the in-depth analysis of each player in the mind-blowing video game.
For the sake of having a quick overview of the game, we’d list the names present. This list doesn’t follow any specific rank, but it starts with the most familiar characters. Here’s what you should know:
These eight legends above are the commonest ones in the game. However, they have introduced some new legends like Loba, Wattson, Rampart, Octane, Revenant, and Crypto. Since each of these legends has capabilities that are unique to them, we’d analyze the eight common ones individually.
Interestingly, Bangalore is just as crucial as Wraith at the moment. She’s the go-to character for attack gameplay. When making use of Bangalore, there are several exciting things you can explore. Before delving into that, check out her passive, tactical, and ultimate abilities.
- Tactical: Smoke Launcher – Explosive smoke canister
- Ultimate: Rolling Thunder – Requests for an airstrike that sweeps the region
- Passive: Double Time – Sprint faster when taking damage
With the passive ability, Bangalore can quickly and effectively flee and run into combat. Although, tricks like holstering your weapon while using her can make things faster. You should know that when she takes damage, her sprint speed increases as well. Regarding the tactical ability, the smoke launcher helps her overcome the enemies by clouding their space.
We can’t stop calling bloodhound a true tactician; he is one of the best tacticians that the game provides. With his skills, there’s no limit to what you can experience. Some may call this character a psychic since he can do so many things and he’s closely associated with a raven. Here’s what you need to know about the character’s abilities:
- Tactical: Eye of the Allfather – Exposes the presence of enemies in certain regions
- Ultimate: Beast of the Hunt – Improves senses to see cold tracks and fastens movement.
- Passive: Tracker – Shows the time when enemies opened the door and footprints.
If you’ve watched the trailer, you may have noticed that this character was tagged as a sociopath. Caustic thrives by using deadly chemicals and more. He has a ruthless personality with the goal of completing the mission. Here’s what you need to know about this character:
- Tactical: Nox Gas Trap – Allows you place six gas canisters when shot
- Ultimate: Nox Gas Grenade – Covers a large region with deadly gas.
- Passive: Nox Vision – Shows enemy locations of those that pass the gas.
One of the main things you’d notice about this character is its stature. The height of Gibraltar is about six feet four inches, which is considerably tall. He also weighs 265lbs. So, it’s a little difficult for anyone to miss his presence in the game. Even with his size, he primarily helps as a shield for those in need.
- Tactical: Dome of Protection – Blue Dome Shield projects and protects from attack for a quarter-hour.
- Ultimate: Defensive Bombardment – Concentrated mortar strike.
- Passive: Gun Shield – Helps block incoming shots.
This character works as a traditional healer that has devoted her life to helping those in need. There’s a close relationship between her and Gibraltar, except that she’s more into the healing business. Here’s what you should know:
- Tactical: DOC Heal Drone – Blue Dome Shield projects and protects from attack for a quarter-hour.
- Ultimate: Care Package – Topnotch defensive equipment.
- Passive: Combat Medic – Uses a shield when reviving a teammate and fastens medical supply by x4 of the typical time.
According to the trailer, you’d see that this character is a master of deception. It may appear as though he doesn’t take his life too seriously, but he does. Thanks to he’s unique holographic technology, he’s good at both attack and defense. Here’s more to know:
- Tactical: Psyche Out – Creates a decoy to trick enemies
- Ultimate: Vanishing Act – Become cloaked temporarily and unleash several decoys.
- Passive: Encore! – A decoy comes up when knocked down, and you get cloaked for five seconds.
Unlike other characters, this one isn’t human. It’s a modified robot with the ability to perform multiple attack strategies. It can quickly get the drop on enemies and reach almost inaccessible places. Here are some more things to know about this character:
- Tactical: Grappling Hook – Gives a chance for quick and versatile multi-dimensional movement.
- Ultimate: Zipline Gun – Forms a new zipline.
- Passive: Insider Knowledge – Scans nearby beacons to show the next ring location.
This character is one of the commonest that players love to explore. By phasing between dimensions, she’s able to see the outcome of every choice. It’s safe to say that Wraith is an attack legend, closely related to Bangalore in terms of capabilities. Here’s more that you should know:
- Tactical: Into the Void – Gives a chance for quick and versatile multi-dimensional movement.
- Ultimate: Dimensional Rift – Forms a new zipline.
- Passive: Voices from the Void – Scans nearby beacons to show the next ring location.
All characters in Apex Legends have amazing tactical, ultimate, and passive abilities. Now, you have seen a breakdown of the eight most typical and powerful characters that the game provides. You can go ahead to choose the legend you feel works best for your gameplay.
Remember to always follow the tips and tricks along with the legend you choose to utilize. There are deceptive news releases everywhere about the new characters, so it may be the best choice to initially stick to the eight we analyzed. Apex Legends is a wildly fun game, know with this basic understanding of the Legends themselves get out there and have some fun.