The COLD WAR is here! Well, not officially, unfortunately. On September 9, when the public beta was released for Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, we got a glimpse at what’s to come for the new generation of gaming and a complete revival of the Black Ops franchise. It is now what the beta release has shown has in terms of loadout customization, weapons, and perks. The action is going to reach new heights. Here is everything you need to know about loadout class customization, weapons, perks, and a new Wild Card perk mechanic.
We have categorized the loadout customization into an arsenal of primary/secondary weapons, equipment, perks, and Wild card to decide the best loadout for your mission requirement.
The Cold War Loadout includes customization and Pick Up Class:
Cold War brings back the Loadout system mechanic from Modern Warfare and adds class customization too. The customization slots include:
- One primary weapon.
- One secondary weapon.
- One tactical equipment.
- One lethal equipment.
- Three perks.
- One field upgrade.
- One Wild Card.
- One Wild Card.
Call of Duty Cold War allows you to choose and max out all the customization slots vs. the previous Modern Warfare “Pick Any Ten” model and does not feel limiting while going out for an all-out shootout.
Down below, you can find all the customization options for each slot, starting with the weapon selection in the Cold War era. More weapons will be added soon when the game is released on consoles and PC.
Primary Weapon Selection
Here is currently the full list of primary weapons to pick from for your loadout.
- Type 821
Assault Rifles Class:
- Krig 6
Tactical Rifle Class
- Type 63
- Stoner 63
Sniper Rifles Class
- Pellington 703
You can choose anyone for the primary weapon slot for your loadout. It is yet to be seen, in the final version of the game, each class of primary weapon impacts the character’s speed and agility while carrying out a mission.
Here is currently the full list of secondary weapons to choose from.
- Gallo SA12
- Hauer 77
- Cigma 2
You can choose from anyone for the secondary weapon slot for the loadout.
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War: Equipment Selection
Black Ops Cold war has three types of equipment classes, which you can only choose from one per class. These classes are lethal equipment, tactical equipment, and field upgrades. Field upgrades are now integrated into a loadout.
With each new life, you will retain your equipment, but the field upgrades will need some time to charge up, and you can decrease the time with a kill streak. Here are the options you can choose in lethal, tactical equipment, and field upgrades.
- Frag Grenade
- Smoke Grenade
- Flash Grenade
- Gas Grenade
- Stun Grenade
- Proximity Mine
- It takes 120s to charge.
- The proximity mine is throwable, which explodes shortly in close proximity when ran over on foot or vehicle. Does not detect crouched enemies.
- SAM Turret
- SAM Turret takes 225s to charge up.
- The SAM Turret is useful to intercept enemy air scorestreaks and aircraft, deploying missiles.
- Field Mic
- The Field Mic takes 195s to charge up.
- A Field Mic is a deployable device that highlights enemy sounds on the minimap.
- Jammer takes 120s of charge time.
- The Jammer, when deployed, disables enemy field upgrades and distorts enemy minimaps.
Perks have made a comeback! These perks are very similar to what we saw Call of Duty Modern Warfare, you get customized tailored abilities to your liking and playing style. These perks will help you optimize your own personal needs to be victorious in any mission. There are three levels of perks. You can choose one perk per level. The perks are divided into three levels named 1,2 ad 3 tier for loadout slots.
Tier 1 Perk Slot Options
- Flak Jacket
- Flak Jacket takes reduced damage from enemy grenades, explosives, Molotov, and splash area damage.
- Tactical Mask
- Tactical Mask provides resistance from Flash Grenades, Stun Grenades, and is immune to Gas.
- The Engineer detects enemy equipment and scorestreaks through walls and sees enemy scorestreaks on your map and re-roll Care Packages.
Tier 2 Perk Slot Options
- Tracker tracks enemy footsteps, and aiming at the enemy reveals the location on the team minimap.
- Quarter Master
- The Quarter Master perk recharges equipment in 25 seconds.
- Scavenger perk allows you to pick up and collect ammo from fallen players.
Tier 3 Perk Slot Options
- The Ghost perk is undetectable by enemy Spy Planes whenever you are on the move, planting or defusing bombs, or controlling scorestreaks.
- Cold Blooded
- When the Cold-Blooded perk is equipped, AI-controlled scorestreaks will not target you, and Player control streaks will not highlight you. It is also undetectable to thermal scopes, and players in vehicles will not see your nameplate. It is the perfect camouflage in plain sight.
- The Ninja perks give the player the ability to sprint quietly and give resistance to Mic Field Upgrade.
The Wildcards is an addition from the previous Modern Warfare, and it seems to be a game-changer for the Black Ops franchise as a whole. The Wildcard, when chosen, gives certain extra abilities depending on the card and the added benefits to a single area to a loadout. Currently, there are only four Wildcards. More might be rolling out with the release of the game. You can choose any one of the four Wildcards.
- Danger Close
- A player with the Danger Close Wildcard spawns with max ammo and one extra Lethal and Tactical equipment.
- Gunfight Wildcard allows a player to attach eight attachments to the primary weapon instead of the five limit.
- Law Breaker
- Law Breaker Wildcard gives the player the ability to carry two primary weapons and choose three-tier perks regardless of tiers.
- Perk Greed
- Perk Greed Wildcard allows you to equip three extra perks.
The loadout and class customization allow for the best-tailored gunfight experience for the players looking to equip the most suitable weapons and perks for a successful mission. As far as to choose my personal loadout. LMG all the WAY! It is the best way to go for medium to long-range combat for a primary weapon and a shotgun for close-range combat. We can barely contain our R2 trigger finger we are so excited! If you want to dive a little deeper into each class check out our Weapons Guide for more intel.